Sail1Design is proud to serve as a representative and dealer for JSail, focusing on the Optimist and International 420 (i420) classes. JSail has put in countless hours over the years working on perfecting their designs, and proof of their hard work and success can be found on results sheets all around the world. To learn more about the JSail Sail Loft in Poland, read the article HERE on their history and path to success.
JSail’s home base is a long way from the Mid-Atlantic, so we are here to bridge the gap. Sail1Design routinely tests new designs and is excited to help sailors in the USA go faster and achieve their sailing goals. We have worked very hard studying sails, boats, rigs, and gear, and have tested new ideas and products on the water here at our home base in Annapolis, and on the road at regattas all around the country. We can help!
JSail has been a dominant sailmaker at all levels of Optimist sailing for years, and many of the world’s top sailors sail with JSail, for good reason. In the United States, sailors like Stephan Baker and Tommy Sitzmann have found great success with JSail, along with a majority of the top finishing boats at most USODA regattas. Like all sailmakers, JSail has several designs to suit the needs of sailors with different styles, and more importantly, different weight levels. Here it can get confusing, and Sail1Design is here to help advise you on what sail might be best for you! Remember that JSail is always innovating, and there are new designs coming out… see the new design descriptions below, and contact JSail Mid-Atlantic to order a sail or learn more: JSail@sail1design.com
Sail Options Contact JSail Mid-Atlantic to order a sail or learn more: JSail@sail1design.com
- JRed Classic Recommended for sailors from 95 lbs (43 kilos) and up. JSail Classic Red, the original design in JSail’s sailing program, was produced in 2000. It is JSail’s most successful sail and also the sail that has the most championship titles, although the JBlue is catching up. Red provides great speed at the bottom and is perfect for all conditions. The sail is easily trimmed. This sail has a round red dot near the tack. BUY NOW
- JBlue Classic Recommended for sailors from 77-97 lbs (35-44 kilos), however for some sailors heavier than 97 lbs, we still recommend this sail. JSail Blue was first designed in 2006. Right now it is gaining more and more respect in the sailing world, especially in North America, and is JSail’s most successful sail for the sailors who may be too light for Classic Red. More recently, it has begun to be used more and more by heavier sailors. The sail provides rapid acceleration, which is noticeable at start and mark roundings. We have noticed that this sail produces almost unmatchable height than any other sail out there. Classic Blue has excellent performance in small waves as well as in large ones and also does not lose performance in flat water conditions. It is easy to trim. This sail has a round blue dot near the tack. BUY NOW
- JGreen Recommended for sailors under 77 lbs. The sail was designed in 2008 for the lightest sailors. At first, it seemed somewhat shallow, but after the change in 2009, it was ideally the first sail for the youngest Optimist sailors. But it is not a slow sail, in the Cadetti groups sailors succeed in reaching TOP 3 with Classic Green during the Riva del Garda Meeting. JSail Green is easy to trim. BUY NOW
New Designs Contact JSail Mid-Atlantic to order a sail or learn more: JSail@sail1design.com
- JRed 2.0 This sail is a brand new, exciting design for 2019. Many top sailors in the Optimist class around the world are sailing the boat with more mainsheet tension than ever before. The JRed 2.0
gives all the power and performance of the Classic JRed, but the design has adapted itself to be efficient and fast with different mainsheet trim styles. This sail has more potential to remain fast while sheeted hard. We’ve tested this sail at Sail1Design and feel that it has great speed and potential. This sail will have a red diamond at the tack instead of the red dot of the classic. Is this the sail for you? BUY NOW
- JBlue 2.0 This sail is also a new design for 2019. Many top sailors in the Optimist class around the world are sailing the boat with more mainsheet tension than ever before. The JBlue 2.0 is also designed to give all the performance of the Classic JBlue, but the design has adapted itself to be efficient and fast with different mainsheet trim styles. We’ve tested this sail at Sail1Design and feel that it has great speed and potential. BUY NOW
- Sail1Design is currently testing all-new JSail i420 sails. Check back soon. If you are interested in JSails for your i420, please Contact JSail Mid-Atlantic to learn more: JSail@sail1design.com
- More coming soon!